Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Music for Seniors by Seniors

At our high school, participation in NHS requires a senior leadership project. My friend and I wanted to do our project together, and since we are both in orchestra, we decided to help out in the community by providing entertainment for senior citizens at nursing homes. We played for about 2 hours at 2 different nursing homes in our local area. We both played our violins for most of the time, but we had a few of our friends come and play too. Here are some photo's of us (I only have photos from the first nursing home we played at. My friend didn't realize that she had to be out of town for the second one so I played by myself at the second one, and its pretty hard to take pictures while playing the violin :P ). 

My friend Lesley(on left) and I
My and my quartet from school
we played "the bird" by Handel

Lesley playing with our friend Sarah
Me playing violin


Me playing piano (WAY in the back!)



























We had a lot of fun. At first, it is a bit frightening to have to stand up in front of so many people to play, but I was able to relax a little when I saw that they still enjoyed the music even if I made a mistake once in a while. They really appreciated us playing there, and hopefully we can do this again in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment