Saturday, January 28, 2012

Star Wars Stop Motion

Two weeks ago, I babysat the two boys next door. It is always challenging to keep kids entertained, so I decided to try something new. I brought some clay and a camera for a claymation, but since they are still in elementary school, they had a hard time working with the clay and got bored. My genius idea had failed....or did it? We stopped and ate dinner. While we ate, we started talking about Star wars and I showed them the soundtracks I had. Then I had a spur of inspiration. I had seen a light saber in the basement; we could make a star wars stopmotion. They jumped up in excitement and ran to their closets. One had been Darth Vader and the other had been a storm trooper for Halloween. Once they had their costumes, I had them decide what they wanted the story to be. To no surprise, they chose to have a battle between Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper. We did a quick walk through and began shooting. They were surprisingly focused and patient. They knew just how much to move for each photo, and they were good at getting back to the same spot when they stopped to review the photos. Overall, it only took about an hour to film! It consists of about 70 photos, and itt's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment