Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project #1: TARDIS tree house

One of my summer project ideas is to turn my tree house into a TARDIS (time and relative dimension in space). The Tardis is the time machine used by The Doctor in the BBC television show Dr. Who. It is disguised as a 1960's police box. 
This is my tree house

This will be my tree house after I paint it
I took a picture of my tree house, and then used the paint accessory on my computer to color it like the TARDIS (we will actually paint on all 4 sides but this gives the overall idea). To complete this project, I will need to add some walls to the bottom half. This shouldn't be to hard because the frame is already in place. The only challenge will be cutting holes for the large tree branches. Once that is done, all I need to do is paint it, which my friends (who have also become Dr. Who fans) are excited to help with.
Overall, it will probably take 3-4 days to finish.
Day 1: Put walls on the second half.
Day 2-3: Paint
Day 4: add a sealant coat to protect the paint from weather
I plan to work on this project this week, I will post pictures when I am done. Hopefully it will turn out.

1 comment:

  1. We have finally completed the TARDIS!!!! Check out the rest of my blog to see the completed tardis and the process we took to get there!

    ReplyDelete